JOHN IDUMANGE ON PROFESSOR WOLE SOYINKA AND THE FIRST LADY
Posted by citizensnetwork1960
Professor Wole Soyinka is a monumental embarrassment for three reasons:
1. People see him as an elder statesman who should the apolitical in his stance on national issues. He has obviously been paid to take sides with Governor Amaechi against the Presidency. He should look at what other Nobel laureates are doing around the world and not his petty fogging denigration of national institutions and authorities.
2. In pristine African Tradition, you have no right to talk to another man’s wife like that. If Wole Soyinka, who just turned 79 years do not know these elementary rules, them is it senility? Professor Soyinka – the architect of cultism in Nigeria said what he said in bad faith.
3. Soyinka knows that the Presidency is a personification of the Nigerian State in a Presidential system and such an institution deserves some respect. The opprobrium Prof has brought to himself is a display of pettiness which smacks of disrespect of constituted authority.
Professor Wole, we respect you but do not push some of us to the elastic limit of endurance. Do not tempt some of us who idolize you to think otherwise. You should grow above pettiness, politics of mudslinging, blame game and analyze issues dispassionately with the public interest at heart. You were given the Nobel Laureate Literature not politics of the Nigerian variety.
- PROF. WOLE SOYINKA AND THE FIRST LADY – John Idumange (mienpamo.wordpress.com)
- URGENT: People Of Nigeria Under Siege – Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka Convenes Civic Exchange (emotanafricana.com)
- “You Are An Embarrassment to Nigeria” – Patience Jonathan Replies Soyinka (freaknaija.wordpress.com)
Posted on July 14, 2013, in Uncategorized and tagged First Lady, Governor Amaechi, List of Nobel laureates, Nigeria, Professor, Rotimi Amaechi, Soyinka, Wole Soyinka. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.